Rooms & Rate
Come visit us and check out our lovely farmhouse and quaint comfy rooms. Each room is personally decorated.
Bontebokskloof Manor is located in the countryside, a stone’s throw away from picturesque Swellendam, with a clear view of the Langeberg Mountains.
Authentic farm, country styling, hectares of property to wander and discover. Come visit us soon!
Adjacent to the N2, the farm is located in the countryside, a stone’s throw away from picturesque Swellendam, with a clear view of the Langeberg Mountains. This working farm grows Lucerne, Canola and Wheat, and as the seasons progress, the resulting mauves, yellows and greens are a sight to behold.
The Breede River cuts a channel through the surrounding Overberg farmland and its irrigation systems form rainbows of colour in the sunlight, against the backdrop of grazing cattle and crop fields.
Old Milkwood and Yellowwood trees, thornbush forests, are native to the kloofs, riverbeds and ‘koppies’, where fynbos and aloes with their fire red flowers, create a pastoral, tranquil atmosphere.
The old Cape Dutch farmhouse has recently been restored to its former glory and is a fully furnished, self-catering guest house. It can accommodate up to 3 families, sleeping a maximum of 15 people, with 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms.
The old mud and brick walls keep it cosy in the wintertime and the high ceilings, cool in the summer.
Settle down with a good book, on the massive northwest-facing ‘stoep’ couches, forgetting about life’s hustle and bustle and even time itself, enjoying the peace and quiet.
Like all old farmhouses, the kitchen and adjacent braai area, are the heart and soul of Bontebokskloof Manor. The fully equipped kitchen, with its 14-seater dining table, opens onto the vine-covered pergola and swimming pool. The braai area has an unspoiled view of the mountains.
The lounge, featuring an old (untuned) piano with lots of atmosphere and good ambience, be lazy in front of the fireplace, under the watchful eyes of one of South Africa’s most beloved poets, Uys Krige. Born on this farm, he wrote the beautiful poem, ‘Die Plaashek’, The Farm Gate, on his return from the second world war.
Rooms & Rates
The Farmhouse has 5(6) bedrooms
From R 5000 per night.
Beds: 2 Queen(s) 7 Single(s), (additional bed options in games room)
Check In & Out:
Check-In: 14:00 PM
Check-Out: 11:00 AM
Early check-in or late check-out should be arranged please.
Minimum nights: 2
Facilities & Services
- BBQ/Braai area with outdoor seating and equipment
- Games room with numerous board and card games, books, table tennis and more
- Washing machine and tumble dryer
- Flat screen tv
- Wi-Fi is available in all areas and is free of charge
- Linen and towels supplied
- Fully equipped kitchen, including large fridge freezer, stove, microwave, kettle, coffee machine and toaster
- Large outdoor swimming pool with loungers and umbrella
- Bontebokskloof Manor has all necessary security features
- The main bedroom has a queen bed and en suite bathroom (large shower, toilet and twin basins), with an adjoining small bedroom with 2 single beds.
- The third bedroom has a queen bed, beautiful views and spacious, with built in wardrobes and a guest bathroom (bath, large shower, toilet, twin basins) across the hall.
- The fourth bedroom has 3 single beds, this bedroom is spacious, with beautiful views and a guest bathroom (large shower, toilet, twin basins) across the hall.
- The fifth bedroom has 2 single beds with a guest bathroom (bath, large shower, toilet, twin basins) next door.
- The large games room functions as a sixth bedroom and can sleep 4 youngsters. This spacious room is filled with books, table tennis, flat screen tv, board games, cards and more, with a guest bathroom (bath, large shower, toilet, basin) across the hall.
What To Do
On The Farm
Outdoor enthusiasts can hike, run and cycle on the trails. Why not have a sundowner or even a picnic at the Milkwood Grove after a leisurely walk through the forests or a short hike along the riverbed. The less physically inclined can bask around the large swimming pool. On a cloudless, full moon evening, you might take a short hike to the nearby Hilltop picnic area, where you can experience the magic of a simultaneous sunset and moonrise, sitting next to the age old Gwarrie tree. Bring binoculars to really see the stars, then take the well marked trail back down in the moonlight. An African Fish Eagle is a resident on the farm and you may be lucky enough to hear his haunting call, in the early morning or late afternoon. Blue cranes frequent the fields and Bushbuck play in the kloofs and riverbeds.
Bontebokskloof is conveniently located 16 km from
Swellendam on the R324 (Suurbraak/Barydale) road.
How to get to Bontebokskloof?
Travelling on the N2 highway from Swellendam, pass the Buffelsjags BP Garage to the turn off to Suurbraak/Barrydale.
Travel for 2,3 km on the R324 Suurbraak road to get to the Bontebokskloof gate. After turning right into the gate, it will be 2,2 km gravel road to the farmhouse.
Map to Us